By CodyKallas
When I use Modo lights with Fire, I can never get the lights to have enough fall off, like if it were a dish with diffusion on it. Then when I use a material on a plane, I can never get enough spot.

I basically want to know how to make a light, with Modo lights or Maxwell emitters, that will spot but have a nice fall off/flood?

Thanks!

Cody Kallas

I found this http://www.maxwellrender.com/forum/view ... 17#p313717, but that is from 2009, is there an easier way? even though that is pretty easy.
By polynurb
in short: .ies or eulumdat data
or maybe you could experiment with the new image projector function in v3.

but there is no other way yet in maxwell to control the light emission (focus/direction) from a plane other that building a reflector
Thanks for all the input. Yeah I have tried everything with the spot light in modo and plugin conversion of that but it doesn't change much. You would think there would be some type of flood setting, basically like radius in modo. But oh well. I kind of like the effect I am getting from the point light with conversion. But hey if I ever need a spot light with hard edges I can do that... :)

I saw somewhere about putting a emitter at the end of a tube that might work so I will give that a whirl.
Sketchup 2024 Released

I would like to add my voice to this annual reques[…]