Hi,
I cannot find anywhere information about using image sequence for textures in Maxwell Materials and rendering with Modo plugin. I want to drive displacement of the material with an image sequence. I've tried naming the texture the way Maxwell usually needs it: name.FRAME.ext (FRAME with four digits) but only texture used then is the one first loaded (*.0001.ext).
Do you know if Modo plugin can do this or not (Maya plugin apparently can)?
Thank you!
Hello,

In case you use videosequence item in modo, the automatic material conversion mode can handle it.

But maybe you are talking about something else? Do you want to replace the texture of an mxm material file with image sequence?

Márton
Yes Márton, I'm looking to have an image sequence drive the displacement layer of mxm material. In Maya I can create mxm material directly inside Maya and under displacement add a 2dtexture node that I can define as being animated(image sequence) so I'm wondering if that can be done somehow in Modo as well? Strangely, Maxwell's Mxed cannot set image sequence as texture for mxm material, but you can do it in Maya with a plugin...
Sketchup 2024 Released

I would like to add my voice to this annual reques[…]