By medusse
Hello Marton,

I'm making a fast motion emulating fast movement of the sun. For this purpose I need to animate the environment (IBL map) and rotate it around 40° in Y axe and key frame (rotating the environment in the same axe alignment)
When I send to maxwell everything is going until Voxelization process and Maxwell. At this point Maxwell blocks and don't go to the next step: the render process.

Thank you for your comments and help,

Ivan.
Hello Ivan,

In which 3D platform are you animating the IBL rotation?

There is also a different workaround: You could export one single MXS, and then use an script to generate different MXS files, each of them with a different IBL rotation.

Greetings

Dario Lanza
By medusse
Hello Dario,

Thank you for your quick reply. I'm using modo 601 with OSX 10.7.4 and latest maxwell upgrade.
Regarding your option of export one single MSX and then use a script I would like to ask you if this also works when in addition of the environment I have Camera, Camera Roll, Camera target, camera focal length and camera path animated?
In this case also I will need to change the values of those objects and parameters manually? ( Camera, Camera Roll, Camera target;camera focal length and camera path)

Kind regards,
Ivan
Hello Medusse,

Yes, with a Python script you can modify everything in your scene (physical sky, IBL, camera position, focal length, camera target, camera focus, objects position, materials, etc).
In general, everything you can change in Studio, can be changed via Python script (this mean that you can not create, remove or alter geometry, but the arrangements of the objects in the scene and the scene settings can be adjusted with an script).

To run a Python script, you will need the PyMaxwell application, that gets installed when you install Maxwell (see inside the Maxwell application folder).

So, run the PyMaxwell application, and there you can write your script, or use any of the provided basic scripts as an starting point.
In fact, there is an script in the scripts>python subfolder named "edit_physical_sky.py", that changes the physical sky Time, creating a time-lapse animation from just one single MXS scene. You indicate the MXS scene, the number of frames you want for the final animation, and the time settings, and the scripts generates as many MXS files as frames, containing an smooth transition of the Sun time.

So, you can use that basic script to perform a rotation in the IBL angle, by modifying the script itself.

A basic knowledge of Python scripting would be necessary, but is not a big deal.

Let me know if this answers your question.

Greetings

Dario Lanza
the render does not start

I tried hiding many of the objects in the scene wh[…]

Sketchup 2024 Released

I would like to add my voice to this annual reques[…]