By David Solito
Hello Marton,

I deleted now the preference file but it doesn't work.
Another idea?

Thanks!

By the way, did you have some good news for hair? and 2.7 grass :D
By PietroS
[quote="David Solito"]Hello Marton,

I deleted now the preference file but it doesn't work.
Another idea?

Thanks!

By the way, did you have some good news for hair? and 2.7 grass :D[/quote]

Dear Marton,
could you post it, when a working maxwell plugin for modo 601 SP1 is ready for release?
that would be great! As far as i understand, from D Solito the currently available one is not working.
Also you wrote about more compatibility issues.
Thanks for your work!

hair? grass?
By Marton Day8
Hello Pietro,

I was quite sure the modo SP1 solves most of the compatibility problems and after that we can release the plugin. Unfortunately I have found some unexpected things after SP1 release, but I really hope I have found a good solution. If I am right, we can release the plugin very soon.

But no fur/hair/grass yet. I know hair export is on the top of the feature requests, but I still don't know how to read it out from modo.

Márton
By PietroS
Dear Marton,

thanks for your reply!
so looking forward to soon be able to use maxwell with modo 601sp1

and let's hope that you might find a way to export fur/grass to maxwell.

thanks again for your work!

best
p
By JohanI
Hi,

Are we soon going to see a new plug-in for SP1 or is it on hold until Maxwell 2.7?

Regards

/Johan
By David Solito
It works! Reinstalled all the suite ;-)

Thks

edit : > mARCH plugin make modo crash with your plugin...
By PietroS
[quote="David Solito"]It works! Reinstalled all the suite ;-)

Thks

edit : > mARCH plugin make modo crash with your plugin...[/quote]

????

was there a release of a working maxwell for modo 601 SP1 plugin???? :)

nothing alike has been posted, marton was silent all the last time, so i am wondering
and hoping :D
By David Solito
No, just the last version from the download portal.
501 plugins and mARCH 601 plugin are not compatible.

I Deleted all the modo suite and installed the maxwell plugin first, it's the reason why it worked.

Important note from Neil :
It has come to my attention that there is an issue with the Maxwell 501 plug-in and mARCH 601 under OSX. If you have both plug-ins installed then modo 601 will crash at start-up. You'll have to remove the Maxwell 501 "Plugins" folder to avoid the crash. This may laso happen under Windows.

Update:
We have found out that this crashing issue happens when 501 plug-ins are installed alongside some 601 plug-ins under Os X.The following 501 plug-ins will caused modo to crash at start-up when you have 601 installed:

Eric's Expression plug-in for modo 501
Laubwerk's (beta) Tree\Plant plug-in for modo 501

My advise is to remove plug-ins designed/compiled against 501 when moving to modo 601 especially if you're running modo under OS X.

Regards,
-neil
By Marton Day8
Sorry for the silence.

I had some discussion with Luxology and they are very helpful, but unfortunately no solution for hair/fur export yet. So I don't think it will be possible in the next couple of months.

About the plugin 601:
According to Luxology -> 501 plugins should work under modo 601. There was a small problem, it was fixed with SP1 and I have found some other things, but I was able to find solution for these on the plugin side.

Compatibility issue with mARCH 601:
Is there anybody who have the same issue under Windows? We think it is an OSX only problem, both plugins were compiled with a wrong compiler parameter, but I am not 100% sure. (I have changed this parameter for the new plugin.)

Márton
By David Solito
Marton Day8 wrote:Sorry for the silence.

I had some discussion with Luxology and they are very helpful, but unfortunately no solution for hair/fur export yet. So I don't think it will be possible in the next couple of months.
Hi marton, thks!
Can you explain a little more the problem for hair/fur?
By Marton Day8
hair/fur problem: there is no connection from the modo SDK to the generated fur data. I was hopeful that I can read somehow at least the fur base positions... but no.
I think (and hope) Luxology will add this feature later to the SDK.

Márton
By marcotronic
Marton Day8 wrote:Sorry for the silence.
About the plugin 601:
According to Luxology -> 501 plugins should work under modo 601. There was a small problem, it was fixed with SP1 and I have found some other things, but I was able to find solution for these on the plugin side.

Márton
Thanks a lot, Márton - so any ETA when we can expect a 601 plugin (without fur support)?

Thanks
Marco
By PietroS
@David Solito
@Marton

thanks for your reply!
i am glad luxology is helpful.

sorry me obviously beeing a bit dump, but i still did not get it,
is there an updated modo mw plugin working with 601 SP1 (the 501 mw plugin was crashing modo) or are you still working to fix the compatibility issues you where talking about, that you found?

thanks again for your efforts, marton!
By Marton Day8
Hello Pietro,

The new plugin update (with compatibility fixes for modo 601) will be released very soon. (Hopefully within 1 or 2 weeks.)

Márton
the render does not start

Also open the Console and read through it to see i[…]

Sketchup 2024 Released

I would like to add my voice to this annual reques[…]