By myklgrant
Hello,

I'm using the R2 plugin with Modo 501 SP3 64 bit (42548). Clicking the FIRE button causes an immediate Modo crash. The regular renderer works fine. I'm using Window 7 Pro SP1.

Another odd thing is that the FIRE window or panel if it is integrated with Modo is dark and ill-defined, not what I would expect from Next Limit. I don't know if this is an indication of a problem but it was something I noticed even before I clicked the FIRE button. I can't figure out how to add a screenshot to this post otherwise I would.

I've tried a few things to see if they work: various combinations of the UAC (admin vs user). I read elsewhere that having Maxwell running alongside Modo works. Nothing helps. Click FIRE > "modo.exe has stopped working" everytime.
Any ideas?

Michael Grant

[img]C:\Users\Michael\Desktop\FIRE.jpg[/img]
By Marton Day8
Hello Michael,

Sorry for your trouble, I will try to help.

You can check the look of the FIRE window in the documentation. It is dark, but there is a big bright yellowish FIRE button on the horizontal the center line. If your window doesn't look like this, than something is obviously wrong.

Fire crash can be the consequence of OpenGL driver problems. Please make sure you have an up to date driver!

If you don't mind please give me some more information about your computer: processor and video card type

Regards,

Márton
By myklgrant
Thanks for the quick reply

I'm using dual Xeon 5520 quad core processors, 16 Gb of memory and a Quadro FX 3800 card with driver 267.79

FIRE works fine (to say the least) in Maxwell Studio and Maya 2011.

The FIRE screen looks exactly like it shows in the manual. I guess I was taken aback considering the quality of the Studio interface. I've played around with different
material, environments and lights so I don't think it has anything to do with the scene.

Michael Grant
the render does not start

I tried hiding many of the objects in the scene wh[…]

Sketchup 2024 Released

I would like to add my voice to this annual reques[…]