Hello,

The plugin code of the new (modo 501) plugin version is 99% ready. It is compatible with with modo 501 win32/64 bit and OSX 32/64 bit.
We are currently waiting for more feedback from our beta tester team to be sure if it is stable and good enough to release.

Márton
Marton Day8 wrote:Hello,

The plugin code of the new (modo 501) plugin version is 99% ready. It is compatible with with modo 501 win32/64 bit and OSX 32/64 bit.
We are currently waiting for more feedback from our beta tester team to be sure if it is stable and good enough to release.

Márton
How is the Beta Testing coming along?

As a recent Maxwell Licensee, it is 'burning a hole' on my iMac waiting to be used (My latest scene is 501 which doesn't open in 401 so having both versions isn't really an option/or want). I have tried exporting from 501 and importing into Studio but every model is a mess. I have tried freezing the meshes and triangulating which helps a bit, but I have a large Arch Viz scene I'm just gagging to render in Maxwell. Until the plugin is released, does anyone have a good workflow for rendering using Maxwell Studio?

A rough-ETA for 501 plugin release?

Best Regards,
Matt.
Ehm... :-(
Fire doesn't seem to work.
I get always a crash when I "fire" it.
I'm on Win Xp 32 bit and SP3.
Testing more...

Regards, Gio

P.S. Confermed, even with a fresh restart.
Exported model in Studio (and Fire) works fine.
I'll test tonight on Win 7 64bit at home.
I afraid to say that this isn't altogether working well for me.

1. After install I am not seeing the Preferences in the menu, and it is also blank in the plugin pane.
2. I am also not getting any properties when I select a Material or Object etc within the plugin window.
3. When I select Render, the modo baking window pops up and modo crashes.

hmmm... I have tried deleting the plugin from the Application Support/Luxology/Plugins and re-installing, but I am getting the same issues. Is there anywhere else that files may be living which I haven't deleted before the fresh install??

Regards,
Matt.
Mac OSX, Cocoa Modo 501 Install SP3
Thanks for the nice and big update of the plugin, it looks great!
Correction to my previous post.. i HAD a problem with crashes and it appears to be that i made a mistake and had both x32 and x64 selected when i installed it, reinstalling the plugin with only x64 selected eliminated the crashes.

/ Magnus
Sketchup 2024 Released

I would like to add my voice to this annual reques[…]