Have been having some trouble getting the Modo to Maxwell plugin up and running

Here is what I am trying to use:

platform mac 10.6.7
modo 401 clean install (i did have 501 running but after trying a few times to make the plugin work i decided to nuke it and start with 401 from scratch)
maxwell 2.5.1
most recent modo-maxwell plugin

1. when i try to send a render directly into maxwell from modo, i get an "open mxs file" error with the following text "/Users/adamelstein/Library/Application Support/Luxology/Plug-ins/Maxwell plugin for Modo/Default Export/testturnstile.mxs cannot be read." Pardon my relative inexperience with the mac, but--if this is not the right place for the directory to be installed, where else should i install it?

2. when i try to export the file as an mxs, either directly through the plugin or through modo by doing "save as", the plugin seems to work (the test log reports 0 errors) but creates an empty mxs file. this is the case whether i "save as" to the desktop or save to the default export folder in the /users/adamelstein/... pathway

i am sure i am making some silly mistake, so i apologize in advance! i would love to get this working though and i have run through whatever i can think of to make that happen

thks

adam
Sorry, to be clear
I initially was trying to run the plugin with 401 but had 501 installed on the same machine
Then I decided to try uninstalling 501 and doing a clean install of 401. I made sure to remove every trace of 501 and 401 that I could find during this process.
No luck with the clean install either.

It is strange that the exporter seems to work, but the MXS file created is empty.

Would be grateful for any light that any of you can shed

thks
adam
Hello Adam,

The installed location seems to be fine.

Have you tried with different scenes or scene settings? It seems the plugin can't close the export procedure. If you open the log file after the export is it empty too, or with the normal log messages?

Márton
Hi

I tried exporting with a variety of scenes and settings but none worked

I get two kinds of errors

If I do file>save as and save the modo model as an MXS, an MXS file gets written but it is empty. I have included the log file from one attempt below

The second kind of error comes when i try to render directly in maxwell through the plugin. In this case I get an "open MXS file error" where it says "users/adamelstein/library/application support/luxology/plug-ins/maxwell/plugin for modo/defaultexport/test02.mxs" cannot be read

I went to file info for both modo and maxwell and made sure they had read and write access

any suggestions would be very welcome!

Thks

adam

attachement: example log file

Maxwell plugin for Modo version 2.5100 (Compiled with modo SDK 401-34967) - log file (exported from modo 401) - Mon Apr 18 09:46:39 2011

Exporter argument(s):

*************************************************************************************************************
* [FILE/DIRECTORY] ******************************************************************************************
*************************************************************************************************************

Working Directory: /Users/adamelstein/Desktop/

Exported file name: /Users/adamelstein/Desktop/test02.mxs

* [LOG] *****************************************************************************************************

--- [FRAME 0] ---

* [CHANNEL ID assignment] ***********************************************************************************

mesh uvmap: "Texture" channelID = 0 (auto assignment)

* [REPORT] **************************************************************************************************

Errors: 0

Warnings: 0

Important Notes: 0

Exporter run time was 1.68705 sec

Well.....they must have been proven wrong, as it's[…]

Hello dear customers, We have just released a new[…]

the render does not start

Also open the Console and read through it to see i[…]

Sketchup 2024 Released

I would like to add my voice to this annual reques[…]