By polynurb
hi!

i just read the version history about the latest update, great news.
it is a while ago i was working with houdini but i am seriously considering about adding it to our workflow;
the new pricing and the steady development make it very interesting, and it is great to see maxwell is going along with the plug in.

a few questions came upabout the latest version and maybe you can give some more info:

- it mentions:
render can be started in the Apprentice version of Houdini with a custom button
that sounds like amazing news, i always thought 3rd party won't work with apprentice, and never got to evaluate it.
can you elaborate a little about any restrictions that still apply to rendering (aside from the non commercial usage)

- mxs referencing/mxs sequence: as far as i can tell from reading the manual, this is not yet supported and i was wondering if this feature will be implemented any time soon.

cheers,

daniel
By 11hp11
Hi Daniel,

the following restrictions are in the apprentice version:
- viewport render is not available
- IPR not available

But the mxs export and scene render can be started without any restrictions, resulting the same as the full version.
BUT we are in talks with Side Effects if this feature is allowed in the apprentice version at all, so it's possible we have to remove it from the next releases.

mxs referencing will be added to the next release, probably within two weeks.

Regards,
Peter
By polynurb
Hi Peter,

thanks for the info

hopefully it will be possible to keep testing maxwell in apprentice in some way.
for testing, personally i find the mxs export less important than IPR (w. mblur!) or "mxs less" rendering from inside houdini at reduced resolution; just my 2C.
it is also nice to hear about the referencing coming!

daniel
By 11hp11
Hi Daniel,

sorry for the big delay. New version of the plugin is released today, containing the MXS reference feature. You can find the description in the online doc:

http://support.nextlimit.com/pages/view ... d=15073614

After the talks with SideFx we had to remove the apprentice support, because third-party renderers and mxs export are not allowed.

If you have any problems or any other requests, just let me know.
Cheers,
Peter
By jrockstad
11hp11 wrote: After the talks with SideFx we had to remove the apprentice support, because third-party renderers and mxs export are not allowed.

If you have any problems or any other requests, just let me know.
Cheers,
Peter
Does this apply to the Apprentice HD version as well?
Sketchup 2024 Released

Any idea of when the Maxwell Sketchup plugin will […]

Will there be a Maxwell Render 6 ?

Let's be realistic. What's left of NL is only milk[…]