By sinatropus
Hello, Marton Day8,

I'm creating a bunch of materials via GDL according to this advice: http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/vie ... res#189514 , which would be too labor intensive to do manually.
I assume Maxwell parameters are also saved under ADDITIONAL_DATA like C4D. Would it be possible to get the list with the names and values of the parameters for the Maxwell Render plugin? I'm especially interested in MXM Path and Material Id.

Thanks!
By sinatropus
Saving Surfaces as a GDL-s doesn't incorporate Maxwell info, unfortunately. Only way to save Maxwell material info is to use Attribute Manager. So I found the Maxwell "material_..." string by looking into the .aat file but the ADDITIONAL_DATA doesn't work if used in the same way as with the C4D. Any advice?
Code: Select all
define texture "concrete-045" "concrete-045",         4,       4,  512,         0
define material	"Concrete-045" 20,
	  0.8,   0.8,   0.8,
	  0.8,  0.83,  0.09,     0,      0,     0,
	  1,   1,          1,
	         0,          0,          0,
	         0, ind(fill, "Background"),    -1,
	ind(texture, "concrete-045")		ADDITIONAL_DATA	material_useMXM =            1,
        material_embed =            1, material_mxmPath =            "F:\textures\concrete\concrete-045.mxm",
        material_textureSizeByAC =          "Yes"
By Marton Day8
Hello,

I was not able to define the Maxwell material parameters as ADDITIONAL_DATA because it had limitation in flexibility. (I will check this area again, because it can happen, that these limitations are not important anymore.... but currently I have no good/easy solution for you unfortunately.)

Márton
sinatropus wrote:Saving Surfaces as a GDL-s doesn't incorporate Maxwell info, unfortunately. Only way to save Maxwell material info is to use Attribute Manager. So I found the Maxwell "material_..." string by looking into the .aat file but the ADDITIONAL_DATA doesn't work if used in the same way as with the C4D. Any advice?
Code: Select all
define texture "concrete-045" "concrete-045",         4,       4,  512,         0
define material	"Concrete-045" 20,
	  0.8,   0.8,   0.8,
	  0.8,  0.83,  0.09,     0,      0,     0,
	  1,   1,          1,
	         0,          0,          0,
	         0, ind(fill, "Background"),    -1,
	ind(texture, "concrete-045")		ADDITIONAL_DATA	material_useMXM =            1,
        material_embed =            1, material_mxmPath =            "F:\textures\concrete\concrete-045.mxm",
        material_textureSizeByAC =          "Yes"
By sinatropus
Thanks for the info. So there's no other way to code Maxwell info into Surface GDL as the ADDITIONAL_DATA was not used? I have more than thousand mxm-s to assign to the AC Surfaces which I manged to create via GDL. It's out the question to do that manually.

I was trying to do it via attribute manager aat file, but it's so scrambled that I'm afraid I can't make any sense of it to start to change the code.
By sinatropus
Not that urgent. If you will have a look into this matter later, then I won't start inventing workarounds like automation in AC GUI with AutoHotKey, which can be quite prone to errors. Also Maxwell info in the GDL files will be useful to create Surface Catalogs which can be done only by creating containers with the GDL-s. Otherwise AC will bog down with thousands of materials loaded by default.
Thanks in advance.

...and 3 Days later, 82.528 Views !!! ...NL, every[…]

Hello dear customers, We have just released a new[…]

grass generator extension

Just downloaded MWR5 for Rhino 6 and want to use g[…]

Hello everyone, I have a new bug with the latest M[…]