By Andreas
Hi!

I have tried to do motion blur directly in a render from the Archicad plug-in. So far no success. I can only find info on motion blur for an animation in the Maxwell documentation. I want to have it in a still shot. That is I want to tell Maxwell to interpret an object ( i e a car ) as moving fast and thus giving it blur in a single shot render.
Is it possible at all?

/Andreas
By Rafal SLEK
...no answer...
I am also interested in if motion blur could be added to object without setting animation.
By Marton Day8
It is not possible to add motion blur under ArchiCad, because we don't have objects with changed position during the time.

It could be possible to add a moving vector to objects, but setting only the vector coordinate values without interactive guidance would be very difficult.

Márton
By Andreas
Ok, thanks for the answer, Marton.
There are some objects with inbuilt animation trajectory settings. For instance some of the 3d cars. And it is not that diffucult to script it in gdl. But if the plugin cannot use the information there is no Point ofcourse.
By Rafal SLEK
Every AC object could be transformed during animation (Create Fly-Through command) with using globals (e.g. GLOB_FRAME_NR, GLOB_FIRST_FRAME, GLOB_LAST_FRAME).
Please check "Executive car" from standard library prepared for move during animations.

By Marton Day8
Thanks, I have forgotten this option.

But as far as I remember not too many library parts use this option.

And AC camera handling is not super good....

It would be very difficult to use these anim settings. It would be easier to add motion vector to any object (this is something possible)

Márton
By Andreas
I tried using the executive car with animation option turned on. Rendered a few frames with Maxwell using fly through. Did not get any motion blur though...
Motion vector, is that a Maxell setting that you could implement in future releases of the plug-in?
By Marton Day8
The problem with the implementation is that from the plugin side it doesn't seem like an animation.

The plugin receives the command to export the scene (but it is like a simple frame render), and it receives the command again but always like a single frame render. It doesn't know anything about next position of the car or previous position. It is possible to do some hacking, but quite complicated.

What I can imagine is that the user can add a motion vector definition to the object (like 0,4,0 which means 4m/s in y direction) and the plugin calculates the motion from it. It is limited because only for linear (or maybe for revolving movements) And I see some other problems with the implementation but can be possible.

Márton
By Rafal SLEK
Marton Day8 wrote:...
What I can imagine is that the user can add a motion vector definition to the object (like 0,4,0 which means 4m/s in y direction) and the plugin calculates the motion from it. It is limited because only for linear (or maybe for revolving movements)...
Márton
Even simple Motion blur will be enough for us. As we are work on architecture/interiors illustrations I need only sometimes to have blurred car or biker or birds.
It will be big relief to wait a little longer for rendering but get less work in photoshop 8)
By Rafal SLEK
Yeaaah!
I've found Motion Blur option in last plugin for AC :-). What a surprise.
Would be great to know of such small but Big improvements.

By Rafal SLEK
... just testing, and I am very happy with this new add-on feature:

By Rafal SLEK
Marton Day8 wrote:Happy to hear:)!

Márton
Good work! Easy to setup parameters and nice blur effect inside ARCHICAD :-)

...and 3 Days later, 82.528 Views !!! ...NL, every[…]

Hello dear customers, We have just released a new[…]

grass generator extension

Just downloaded MWR5 for Rhino 6 and want to use g[…]

Hello everyone, I have a new bug with the latest M[…]