By Rafal SLEK
After some test I know that DOF is working (with ArchiCAD plugin) :-) but don't know how.
I am very interested in which point is the sharpest one in the scene - which point is set as Focal distance?
By Marton Day8
Hello,

Good question.... ArchiCAD sets the camera focus point automatically but I don't know how their calculation works to find the optimal focus point.

If you want to adjust it manually you can open the ArchiCAD "Navigator Preview" window, where you can play with focus distance too.

Márton
By Rafal SLEK
Hello,
had no much time to tests but:
- I've expected that DOF will be computed from Target point shown by camera preview (visible in Navigator Preview, 3D Projection Settings window or on Floor Plan after choosing command "Put camera into the Path" from menu View/3D Navigation extras),
- but probably Focus point ("most sharpest point") is somewhere on plane 0-0 in place where camera axis cut this plane?
I've tried to change camera target point but with no effect - nearby areas where blurred so I decide to ask a question here :-)

By Marton Day8
Now I am thinking about to add a focusDist parameter to the Maxwell Camera parameters, because it is a bit difficult to adjust camera focal point with ArchiCAD.

I am on the Navigator Preview window and when I move the target point it changes focus, but not very comfortable.

When you test DOF, please set f-stop to 1 (and ISO to high value), so you can really see the difference.

Márton
By Rafal SLEK
Great! Please add this parameter to camera if possible. It will be very easy then and logical to set DOF as distance from viewpoint.
I've tried yesterday how "Shift Lens" works and I am impressed - easy and effective...
By Rafal SLEK
Simple (I think) question regarding plugin 2.7.5.
I got rendering in urban scale, I want to have my building sharp and the background blurred. Autofocus with F-stop set to 1 doesn't work then.
I've tried to use Focus distance but:
- what are the Units here? Set as in Project preferences or meters?
- how the sharpest point is set — is it the point where the AC camera is targeted or is it the camera x,y,z?

regards
Rafal
By Marton Day8
Hello Rafal,

"Focus distance" is the same what you have in studio as "Target distance", units is in meters.
Sharpest point is on the target.

Márton

...and 3 Days later, 82.528 Views !!! ...NL, every[…]

Hello dear customers, We have just released a new[…]

grass generator extension

Just downloaded MWR5 for Rhino 6 and want to use g[…]

Hello everyone, I have a new bug with the latest M[…]