By boatkinson
I have installed Maxwell plugin for formZ and it seems to work well.

I will use the plugin with formZ 7, on OSX 10.7.x

I have long delayed trying Maxwell and finally am appreciating the new pluggin.

Is there a way to stop the following from happening?

-Maxwell Fire Palette opens at formZ start up.
-Add default physical sky option presents itself at each file opening.

I would prefer to access these features, only as needed.

I expect to use maxwell very infrequently and stopping these interruptions would be much appreciated.

Thanks
RE: "Resources folder"

I was wondering if Maxwell is adding an empty folder to my own files simply named 'Resources'. I didn't notice it before and wonder if it always gets placed in a user's folder, where the user clicked "OK" for adding a Maxwell light, when opening a formZ project file. I appreciate may be important when Maxwell is frequently used. I'm just not 'there' currently. I simply hope to learn optimal management of my files (and understand the empty folder).

Searching documentation i found :

form•Z | Resource Manager
Image Preview (5) | View All (5)
projectspecific resources in the project's 'Resources' folder. If you decide later that a something is best kept in the general library, just move it there; the path … project.) Transferring projects between workstations When moving to another workstation for the first time: Copy your project, including it's 'Resources' folder
Maxwell Documentation 16 Jul, 2012I was wondering if Maxwell is adding an empty folder to my own files simply named 'Resources'. I didn't notice it before and wonder if it always gets placed in a user's folder, where the user clicked "OK" for adding a Maxwell light, when opening a formZ project file. I expect never to use Maxwell on 95%+ of my formz files.

Searching documentation i find :

form•Z | Resource Manager
Image Preview (5) | View All (5)
projectspecific resources in the project's 'Resources' folder. If you decide later that a something is best kept in the general library, just move it there; the path … project.) Transferring projects between workstations When moving to another workstation for the first time: Copy your project, including it's 'Resources' folder
Maxwell Documentation 16 Jul, 2012
By pylon
Hi Bo,

The best place to get quick Maxwell for formZ support is here:
http://www.formz.com/forum/discus41/mes ... 35953.html

We have added suggestions to make the 'Physical Sky' query optional, and to create the Resources folder only when needed.

If you are using the plugin infrequently, you can always just drag the Maxwell folder out of the plugins folder when you are not using it.
Sketchup 2024 Released

Any idea of when the Maxwell Sketchup plugin will […]

Will there be a Maxwell Render 6 ?

Let's be realistic. What's left of NL is only milk[…]