By Asmithey
Hello,

I am using the latest version of Maxwell 2.1 and the latest plug-in. I have a project that has 391 texture files. It is taking about 24 seconds to export each texture. That will be around 2 hours to export the file over to Maxwell Render. No procedural textures used. It is set in the plug-in to export at 512x512. But that is for procedurals only? Is there a way to speed the export up?

Thanks,

Aaron
By Asmithey
Ok. I will test. If they go well, I will send this monster file with symbols and all. It took about 30 min. with the old plug-in.
By Asmithey
I did a test with cutting out my landscape symbols to a seperate file. Then when rendering the site and building, it sent the textures just fine, in about a minute. When The symbols are in the file, it it exports the symbols very slowly. I tried It on two seperate large files and it behved the same for both. Slow texture export when lots of symbols are present. Fast texture export with no symbols. The difference is huge. From 1 minute to about 40 min. It sent the geomtery in a reasonable amount of time though.

In one project I killed it after 3 hours. But I am thinking maybe there was something else possibly going on there.

Aaron
By Asmithey
I would like to send you a file to look at. When I start adding symbols, lots of them, The textures export very slowly. Do you have an FTP site?

Thanks,

Aaron
By pylon
Hi Aaron,

The service you used to send the files is not working. It displays a countdown timer (15 seconds) over and over, saying I have to wait unless I pay for the full version. It never proceeds to the true download page. I tried 2 different browsers.

Please try Yousendit, which I know from experience works.

Ben
By Asmithey
ok I will try that.

Thanks,

Aaron
By mojo
i want to work with some evermotion trees as symbols, but its trustating, the export to maxwell takes ages.... :(

(without exporting as symbols, too...)
Sketchup 2024 Released

I would like to add my voice to this annual reques[…]