By mojo
as soon as i want to export my symbols as instances, maxwell crashes.

the project and the symbol library are saved on my server

i have maxwell 2.0.3 and
maxwellz v2.0.1.3 (b20)

win7 64 bit
formz 6.6.2

now i tried only maxwell materials in my symbols: the following error appears:

"
ERROR: - Instances of emitters are not supported.
ERROR: - Data preprocess failed. Render cannot continue
ERROR: - Render Failed "

with maxwell 2.0.2 it was working fine with my symbols.

unfortunately i cant find this version to download.
and i didnt save it on my computer.

is there a possibility to get the version 2.0.2 ??
By numerobis
i experienced the same situation exporting with instances from 3dsmax and sketchup (maxwell 2.0.3)
maxwell starts after export and crashes immediately... without instances everything works fine. :(
By pylon
Hi Mojo,

Yes, I am reproducing this, and this feature does indeed work properly with Maxwell 2.0.2. I will make some inquiries...

For, now, disabling the option to create Maxwell instances from formZ symbols in Maxwell Render Options > Export will work around the problem in Maxwell 2.0.3.

Best,
Ben
By Asmithey
I am crashing with instances too. This is actually a huge issue for me. i use lots of symbols and it takes way to long to export them when not instancing. Any Idea when this feature will be fixed? I have to go back to 1.7.1.
By pylon
It has been confirmed that this is a bug with Maxwell 2.0.3, and that it will be fixed with the next Maxwell Render release.

Until then, here are several workarounds:

-Temporarily revert to Maxwell Render 2.0.2
or
- Disable the option to create Maxwell instances from formZ symbols in Maxwell Render Options > Export
or
- only use symbols that have a single surface style/material in them (multiple materials in the symbol is the root of the problem)
or
- export your file in the normal fashion to Studio, rather than Maxwell, then render from Studio. This works for me; let us know if it works for you as well

Ben
By Asmithey
I tried exprting the file to Studio with export as instances checked. When I luanched the rendering from studio, Maxwell Render still crashes.
Sketchup 2024 Released

I would like to add my voice to this annual reques[…]