By Anders Peter Amsnæs
I am doing an animation of a habor area and need to do some realistic looking seawater in minimal motion. I am concidering doing the rendering in Maxwell.

If I add a Maxwell Sea element to my FormZ scene, will the water be static – or can I animate it?

If not, does anyone have tips or trick of how to achieve some realistic looking seawater in my animation? (Maybe even some less render-requiring methods, than doing it in Maxwell)

Thanks
Anders
By Anders Peter Amsnæs
luis.hijarrubia wrote:Hello.
There is a parameter named "reference time", if you set that parameter to your animation time the sea will be animated.
Luis
Hi Luis

Thank you for your reply. I have done a number of tests, but my water is still static. I set my animation time to 2 sec and the reference time to 2 sec. Am I missing anything?

The "ship" is the only animated element in my test scene.

Thanks
Anders

By luis.hijarrubia
Reference time is the time in that frame. For example if you want 5 frames between times 0 and 1, you should have references times of: 0, 0.25, 0.5, 0.75 and 1.
By Anders Peter Amsnæs
luis.hijarrubia wrote:Reference time is the time in that frame. For example if you want 5 frames between times 0 and 1, you should have references times of: 0, 0.25, 0.5, 0.75 and 1.
I understand, then shouldn't I be able to add an animation track for the "reference parameter" time? ...so that it's changing from frame to frame when I send off my animation to Maxwell for rendering.

I hope I hope I am not supposed to change it manually from frame to frame and send each frame off to the renderer at a time, because I am doing 5000 frames or so :-)

Can it be animated/automated?
By F. Tella
Hi Anders,

For some reason this forum got unlocked and you could post some questions here, but support for Maxwell plugin for FormZ is given in AutoDesSys forums, here: http://forums.formz.com/index.php?/foru ... er-plugin/

I will lock this sub-forum again and make it read only. You'll get quicker answers there.

Best wishes,

Fernando
Will there be a Maxwell Render 6 ?

Let's be realistic. What's left of NL is only milk[…]