By colinmccroskey
Is anyone successfully using the Maxwell for Sketchup (v4) Demo?
We currently have Maxwell v3, and we're testing v4 before we purchase upgrades.

I installed the v4 demo, but I can't get it to work with Sketchup 2017:
The demo does not automatically get licensed (no "maxwell_sketchup.lic" file). So when Sketchup opens, I cannot render (Maxwell icons grayed out).
If I license the demo (which generates a "maxwell_sketchup.lic" file), Sketchup will crash immediately upon start.

One strange thing: Maxwell never asks me to license the demo. So I had to do it manually, using:
"C:\Windows\ProgramData\SketchUp\SketchUp 2017\SketchUp\Plugins\maxwell\bin\win\licenseactivator.exe"
That seems to work, and I'm able to run "maxwell.exe" and see that it's licensed to "Demo Company", etc.
But now when I open Sketchup 2017, it immediately crashes to a Bug Splat, with no useful information in the logs to tell me why. If I break the link to the license file by re-naming it to something like "RENAMED_maxwell_sketchup.lic", Sketchup will open fine, but report that Maxwell is not licensed, and I cannot render.

I've re-installed Maxwell, re-installed Sketchup, "repair install" 'd Sketchup, etc. Nothing seems to work.

If I can't get the demo to work with Sketchup 2017, I doubt I'll get approval to purchase upgrades to Maxwell v4 for our office.

Any suggestions?
By JDHill
[topic moved to the SketchUp forum]

I am not seeing this behavior here. If I quit SketchUp, stop my license server and delete any licenses, and restart SketchUp, then as expected, any export-related toolbar/menu items are greyed-out. Clicking Extensions > Maxwell > Checkout License, the license activator is run, and I choose to activate the demo, after which the export-related buttons are enabled. Clicking the Render button, the scene is exported and rendered in maxwell.exe, which is also in demo mode, reporting that it has found the maxwell_sketchup.lic file written by the license activator to C:\ProgramData\Next Limit\Maxwell\licenses\maxwell_sketchup.lic.

I'm unable to get it to crash, though, neither by having no license file, a valid one, nor by renaming a valid one, so I'm not sure what you might be dealing with there, and recommend uninstalling any versions of the plugin via Programs and Features, manually verifying that there are indeed no Maxwell-related files or folders in C:\ProgramData\SketchUp\SketchUp 2017\Plugins, and then reinstalling the plugin again. In doing so, please be sure to use the most current 4.0.5 build from the early builds page (here), so that we're sure we're dealing with the identical situation. Also be sure to take note of any failures reported by the installer, before dismissing it.

...and 3 Days later, 82.528 Views !!! ...NL, every[…]

Hello dear customers, We have just released a new[…]

grass generator extension

Just downloaded MWR5 for Rhino 6 and want to use g[…]

Hello everyone, I have a new bug with the latest M[…]