By sburkhead
Hi,

Trying to install Maxwell for sketchup. When I try to run the maxwell app it tells me that I do not have a valid license. I run the license application and it says that it works. I restart maxwell and it says no valid license. I try this 5 times and have also tried restarting the system always looks like it works, but the license is never found??
By sburkhead
Ok I will submit a ticket...everything seems like it worked...I even tried doing the activation for a non-connected computer and download the license file directly....oh well I would love to start using right now but I will have to wait. The only thing that seems funny is that the license file is not: maxwell_license.lic it is maxwell_maxwell_sketchup.lic which I cannot see anywhere in the documentation...I guess I will wait for support on monday...maybe I am having issues because I am trying to run maxwell 3.2.1 with beta version 3.2.4 installing with sketchup 2016. I know that it is beta, but I would not think that it would cause issues with the licensing part of it....

Thanks
Scott
By JDHill
Yes, sorry I can't give you precise instruction, but the licensing system is something that exists outside the plugin. However, I sometimes forget that the plugin does do some pretty detailed logging of the licensing procedure, which may help you to chase down the issue -- it is outlined in the Troubleshooting section at the bottom of this page. As to the activator's writing a maxwell_maxwell_sketchup.lic file, I believe this can only mean you are trying to activate a Maxwell for SketchUp (the standalone plugin) license, rather than a Maxwell Suite license.

Performing some quick tests here, I find that to be the case; where activating a Standalone plugin license, the activator writes the maxwell_maxwell_sketchup.lic file, activating a floating Maxwell Suite license, it writes two files: maxwell_license.lic and maxwell_suite_floating.lic. In this case, maxwell_license.lic is just a placeholder (e.g. "HOST localhost ANY 5053") pointing to the server & port where it should request the actual license; on the other hand, if you had a node-locked Maxwell Suite license, it would actually contain the license data.

And it should be fine (and preferable) to be using Maxwell 3.2.1.1, and the 3.2.4 plugin.
Sketchup 2024 Released

Any idea of when the Maxwell Sketchup plugin will […]

Will there be a Maxwell Render 6 ?

Let's be realistic. What's left of NL is only milk[…]