By desman82
I have Maxwell Suite & plugin for Sketchup 2015, just updated to version 3.1.

In Sketchup I use "mxs reference" quite a bit for trees, plants etc., typically I will
start out creating a single proxy then copy, then randomize it with Chris Fullmer's
plugin "Scale and Rotate Multiple" tool. The project I am currently working on, I
used the same process with no issues prior to the update. I have created plants
copied from a parent, after the update sending the file from Sketchup to Maxwell
Render, the render will only render the parent proxy and not the copy's of the
original "mxs reference".

The only solution I have found to make all the proxy's render is to select each one
and "Make Unique".
By JDHill
It is a problem in the render engine -- exporting to Studio should help, if you move to the current 3.1.0.1 early build. It will be fixed in the plugin (it will also be an early build), once I have rebuilt it using the updated SDK.
By chedda
If i export the scene from the latest plugin and then open in studio i get an error message saying the version is newer and not supported ? I have 3.1.0.1 version of the main app and 3.1 of the plugin. I suppose i need 3.1.0.1 of the plugin too ?
By JDHill
No, you don't, and there's not yet a 3.1.0.1 version of the plugin (that's the only point of using Studio). I'd double-check that you are actually running 3.1.0.1 Studio (Help > About), because a newer version should always be able to open a file written by an older one.
By chedda
Thanks for the quick reply. I can confirm that proxies are now fixed. I was using the scattering feature in skp that was causing the problem opening in studio.
Will there be a Maxwell Render 6 ?

Let's be realistic. What's left of NL is only milk[…]