By Delineator
I'm slowly working my way through the various new features on v3, and I'm thinking there might be some UV issues with Maxwell Sea and perhaps the image project material type.

First, I noticed you HAVE to apply the material to the group, NOT the individual planes for Maxwell Sea to work. However, the tiling and scale doesn't seem to match what you see in the scene (in this example, I was trying to achieve a rolling hill effect, but as you can see, FIRE shows the texture enlarged and scale, with no repeat.

By JDHill
This is because the UVs of the sea surface are unrelated to anything in SketchUp, being generated internally by the MaxwellSea extension itself. If you try it with a UV checker texture, you should find that the generated UVs always range 0-1 across the surface, with the origin at the top left corner, when viewed from above. For this reason, if you wish to tile a texture across the surface, it is necessary to alter the tiling of the texture in the material (i.e. Texture > Projection > Scale in the plugin's material editor), and not in SketchUp. SketchUp having no concept of texture tiling, changing the size there just changes the UV space for the entity.
By Delineator
That makes sense. Next issue is with the projector: I can't get it to NOT tile. The SU material is solid color (no texture), and I disabled tiling via the Maxwell parameters (see below), and yet, the images are always tiling. There is also an issue where the projector ONLY works on the vertical (blue) axis, no matter which direction the plane is oriented. I got around this by grouping the plane and then rotating for it to project horizontally.

By JDHill
To gain control over tiling, you would need to use MXED to create an MXM, and link to it, rather than using the plugin's simplified material type. Regarding rotation of the projector, indeed it is necessary to apply the material to a group or component, since we need to have a transformation to give Maxwell.
Sketchup 2024 Released

I would like to add my voice to this annual reques[…]