By dvsone1440
I am wondering if there is any documentation available on the z-clip planes for sketchup? I am able to make it work but only through trial and error to get the clipping plane where I want it.
By JDHill
If you look in the plugin menu, you should find a "Pick DOF, Z-Clip, or Z-Buffer" item; this activates a plugin tool which allows you to set those things by interactively picking points in the viewport. For Z-Clip, you would hold down CTRL while picking the near & far points.
By dvsone1440
Oh... I forgot to mention.. I am trying to use it in parallel projection to create elevations. I know I can use the picker for perspective.. but that does not seem to work for parallel projections
By JDHill
Oh, as you find, the tool does not support use at all in that case -- for a parallel view, the camera's distance is calculated on the fly, during export. As a result, it is not unexpected that you will find z-clip to be only marginally useable with parallel views. The only workaround for this would be using a perspective view, with a very long lens, in order to flatten the perspective yourself, rather than relying on the plugin to do it for you.
By dvsone1440
Thanks Jd. I set the perspective angle to 1 and that worked great.
Sketchup 2024 Released

I would like to add my voice to this annual reques[…]