By dvsone1440
I have started using the new Render Suite update that removes silverlight and have an unusual new error. I get areas of black in my renderings. If I render a material png with it nothing appears on material channel, but the rendering has a large area of black. I have it happen on fire as well.. and the black area moves if I move around in sketchup with fire running.
By JDHill
It's difficult to discern exactly what you might be referring to, so I would ask that you please provide an example SketchUp file, along with the texture(s) in question, which shows this behavior (my email is jeremy at nextlimit dotcom, or you could use dropbox).
By dvsone1440
Hi JD,
I will send you some images.. It is not a material. It is random locations (not material related) One of the renderings I did had a material ID which clearly shows it is not material related since it crosses several materials in the material ID png. I will also send a bunch of "fire" images that are all of the same model just rotating around... and the blacked out area moves and changes shape.
By dvsone1440
While I am thinking of it.. there is one more issue that I and several of my co-workers have had with Grass. It turns white. The material is correct.. faces are correct. Everything else works, but the grass turns white. I change the material and it tends to fix it. However my co-worker did that and the it worked.. but then she made other changes (to unrelated things) and re-rendered and the grass is white again.
By JDHill
Thanks for providing the files. While I'm not yet having success in reproducing the issue, judging by one of the images you also uploaded, this looks like an engine issue that's been reported before, which I think may be related to certain combinations of SSS parameters and perhaps roughness in one material or more. It doesn't look like you're using SSS in any of the materials, so it seems that may not be the cause here, though there are some MXMs being referenced, so I can't rule it out. Sorry I can't give a more precise diagnosis, but as I say, so far I have not been able to observe it here.

Regarding the second issue, I am not aware of any particular reason for that to happen, except if the material in question might have been renamed between assignment and rendering. So if you see that again, please take a look at the scene in Studio and see what, if any, material is assigned to the grass, and which materials (meaning, their names) are available in the scene. That may provide some clues on what is happening.
the render does not start

Also open the Console and read through it to see i[…]

Sketchup 2024 Released

I would like to add my voice to this annual reques[…]