By mattcarter
What can I look for to fix an issue on a single computer where exporting to Maxwell freezes at 99% (SU is writing textures to disk)?

I can get it to work once after re-installing Maxwell and the Plugin, but the next time it freezes.

Known:
SketchUp 8.0.15158
Maxwell Plugin 2.7.20
Maxwell 2.7.10
Silverlight 5.1.10411.0
Model: ~ 70 MB

Exporting works fine with a simple model (box w/ texture) but fails on more complex ones. I have let it export for 30+ minutes.

The same model exports/renders fine on other machines.

Thanks!
By JDHill
Could you take a look, using Task Manager (I am assuming you are on Windows), to see what is happening with the SketchUp.exe process during the freeze? Specifically, is there CPU activity, and how much memory is being used (check Peak Working Set)? The next question would be, how many textures are being used, and is it possible to isolate the problem to a particular one?

Lastly, if you could send me the model using dropbox or similar (my email is jeremy at nextlimit dotcom), I can see if I am able to reproduce the behavior here.
By mattcarter
Sketchup (Win) doesn't use CPU during the freeze and memory hovers around 500MB used (for both Private and Peak).

About 300 textures in one file, 67 in the other. If I remove all the textures via a plugin, it renders.

I have just verified this as well:

- It will freeze if I double click on the .skp file and try to render.
- It will work if I open SU then use File.. Open to open the same .skp file.

As far as I can tell the 2 models don't share any of the same textures.

I'll see about getting you the model as soon as I can.

Thanks.
Sketchup 2024 Released

I would like to add my voice to this annual reques[…]