By pochi
Been really enjoying using Maxwell again with the new Sketchup plugin!
I have my texture library setup with different sub-folders for different texture types - glass, concrete, etc.
I have found that Auto MXM only works on the 'head' folder that the search paths is set to.
Is this right?
From memory, previous versions of the plugin worked with nested folders.
It would be great to have this option with the new plugin.
By numerobis
pochi wrote: From memory, previous versions of the plugin worked with nested folders.
really? i thought it always worked with only one folder
By JDHill
You're correct -- it searches only the folder specified, not subfolders. In some of my other plugins, a search path also has a 'depth' value, which is the maximum subfolder recursion that will be used when searching any given search path, so that you don't accidentally set a search path to something like C:\ and have the plugin searching your entire hard drive. I plan to add that here, but it has been on a lower priority than some other things.
By brodie_geers
That would be great JD. I have a similar setup with a good deal of subfolders. Good to know that will be a future update.

How quickly does the plugin search through folders? I have alot of highres textures so my materials folder is pretty large (21 gigs). I wonder if auto-mxm is viable in that situation.

-Brodie
By JDHill
The size of the files is really irrelevant, because the plugin just needs to ask the OS if they exist or not. Things that would slow down searches would just be the total number of files that need to be searched, and more so, whether they are on the local disk, as opposed to on a network drive. If the OS has to spin up a sleeping drive, or go across the network, then of course, that can take some time.
By Richard
+1 on your idea JD although I don't use auto MXM I think it does need to access the subfolders as containing all MXM to one folder is beyond control of organisation.

what about gpu maxwell q project?

SS Pinto Bean

Hi Tommy, Great stuff - love it~! Thanks for pos[…]

Never No More Studio Lighting

Hello Mark! Very good tips about the camera setti[…]