By Burkhard
The Material browser works perfectly for me ( so far ) except the emitting material.
Make a single plane, choose Emitter from the Typ dialog, works in the preview, apply to the SU material ( like the others )...
but no light in the render Window.
What do I miss?
By JDHill
@Burkhard: which direction do the faces this material is applied to point? It may be necessary to use right-click face > Reverse Faces.

@hwolfejr: could you send me a file which shows this, or at least part of the file? Testing here, the new plugin does read old materials which were set to 'Emitter' and sets the new plugin's material as using the Emitter Character type.
By hwolfejr
Good morning Jeremy,

I posted a simple model which uses built light fixtures that had emitter material applied to the light surface.
I would insert these components into the model and they would render as emitters.
Now, in 2.1 they render as flat color material even though the Maxwell material is an emitter.

I posted the model to:

http://cid-7438cdd0ead392b1.office.live ... 20Test.skp

I appreciate your help.
Herman
By JDHill
Thanks for the file -- looks like the plugin is having a problem with the apostrophe in the MXM path, i.e. your emitters are in the "ateam's special" folder. As such, when the plugin tries to open the MXM and read it into the MXS during export, it is unable to do so. As a workaround, you could rename that folder, then add the altered path to Options > Search Paths in the plugin, so that the MXM files will be found at the new location.

what about gpu maxwell q project?

SS Pinto Bean

Hi Tommy, Great stuff - love it~! Thanks for pos[…]

Never No More Studio Lighting

Hello Mark! Very good tips about the camera setti[…]