By donb
Hi J.D.,

Maxwell is generating the following error message since installing the latest plugin 2.7.22.0 Maxwell on SolidWorks 2012 SP5:

system.null referenced exception; object reference not set to an instance of an object

As far as I can tell the problem occurs only with assemblies and it doesn's matter how simple or complex the parts or assembly are so long as Maxwell materials are used. Also, the problem seems only to occur after the assembly is modified, usually by adding a part. After that, closing and reopening that assembly or any other assembly will generate the error.

I sent an error log via the automatic reporting dialog. Please let me know if you need anything further to aid in debugging.

Thanks,
Don
By JDHill
Thanks, I was able to reproduce it and find the problem. In theory, it should be harmless if you just click through the error dialog (in theory, because it's actually happening in SW code, but I think it should be okay).
By donb
Glad you could reproduce it and find the cause. It seems to be benign as you said; it's just very annoying. I hope you can make it go away in the next release.

Regards,
Don
Will there be a Maxwell Render 6 ?

Let's be realistic. What's left of NL is only milk[…]