By John Layne
1/ Mirrored parts moving even with instances turned off.
2/ If add-in is turned off then on again, the Maxwell tab goes blank. Only way to restore is to check "start-up" on the Maxwell add-in and restart SolidWorks. Note I normally have the Maxwell add-in turned off, due to instability issues in SolidWorks when it's on.
By JDHill
  • 1. Could you please elaborate, or provide a SW file that I can inspect? I am not yet seeing the problem here.
  • 2. I see this, but don't know that there is anything I can do about it. Basically, once you disable, then re-enable the plugin, its task pane UI ceases to function correctly. But I'll check it out some more and see if there are any tricks I'm missing. As to instabilities, I would need some more detail there too -- it could be that there is a bug triggered in a certain set of circumstances, of which I am not currently aware.
By John Layne
JDHill wrote:
  • 1. Could you please elaborate, or provide a SW file that I can inspect? I am not yet seeing the problem here.

• 2. I see this, but don't know that there is anything I can do about it. Basically, once you disable, then re-enable the plugin, its task pane UI ceases to function correctly. But I'll check it out some more and see if there are any tricks I'm missing..
Can't post or email to big, do you have a dropbox account or similar? Was working ok in previous add-in --- I used to disable and re-enable it all the time. Instability issue was hard to pin down, hence just found it easier to disable the add-in when not using.
By JDHill
Hi John, please check these two things again with the 2.7.10 plugin -- both should be fixed.
Will there be a Maxwell Render 6 ?

Let's be realistic. What's left of NL is only milk[…]