By aleksey-m@list.ru
Hi, I have a problem with a UV map in Rhino. The UV map is ignored by Maxwell in some cases. Here is the first one.

Banded surface is texturized by the image based Maxwell texture. In Rhino render mode I can see everything is correct. Texture equally cover the surface (the uv editor has been used). But as soon as I start Fire or Maxwell render some bug is appearing. See the image bellow.

The green line is showing normal texture, you might be see some bright horizontal line in texture. But after I have some strange short part with squeezed texture and the third part with texture rotated to 90 degrees.

The similar problem in case of merged surfaces. Let say I have 3 different size surfaces stack together and merged in one object by Join command. Now, if you apply UV map, all 3 have different looks in render, rather than proportional cover. Why it so? Thanks.
By JDHill
The rendered image looks like it is cube-mapped; is it possible that the material is using real scale (i.e. that one of its textures has Units=Meters)?
By aleksey-m@list.ru
Yes, you are correct. This texture (like all others in this scene) have the Meters units. Why? What's wrong with it?
By JDHill
aleksey-m@list.ru wrote:Yes, you are correct. This texture (like all others in this scene) have the Meters units. Why? What's wrong with it?
That is a special texture mode (it has generally been referred to as Real Scale in the Rhino plugin), which changes the meaning of the texture Repeat values. When Units=Relative, Repeat means "repeat the texture N times within UV space"; when Units=Meters, Repeat means "make each texture tile N meters wide". When any texture in a material uses real scale, the plugin creates a cubic mapping for each object that uses that material, in order to achieve the desired real texture sizes. This is conceptually incompatible with the use of explicit Rhino texture mappings, which implies and requires the use of Units=Relative.
Sketchup 2024 Released

I would like to add my voice to this annual reques[…]