By JDHill
There is a problem exposing that in this plugin, because the override flags do not carry through to instances of an MXS reference. So, they would work for the first occurrence of a given MXS, but not the rest -- and there is no way to know which one will end up being the "first" one.
By kami
I don't understand the technics behind it, but it is working great with rhino block instances. So I was really hoping, it would be possible. I wouldn't even mind it would always hide all instances for the same MXS if you gave it the invisiblity flag ...

One different question:
As a workaround I tried opening the scene in studio and hiding these trees from there. But I was not able to render the scene, because I got missing texture errors. Not for materials inside of the scene, but it looks like he does not find textures for some of the MXS references. But if I render directly out of rhino it works great, even over the network. Is there any different behavior with the path in studio?
By JDHill
kami wrote:I don't understand the technics behind it, but it is working great with rhino block instances. So I was really hoping, it would be possible. I wouldn't even mind it would always hide all instances for the same MXS if you gave it the invisiblity flag ...
Create an MXS Reference in Rhino (use a simple MXS, to make things clear), and then make one copy of it. Export to Studio, and then play with the visibility flags on the reference, and on the instance of the reference. You should see what I'm talking about, and why it creates a problem for exposing those flags in the plugin. The only real control we have here is wholesale hiding (as opposed to hiding to camera, etc) of MXS References in Rhino, which you should do using Rhino's normal object (or layer) hide/show commands.

On the second question, I couldn't say much, except that maybe you're using Pack & Go in the plugin, and that this is why it works in that case. There is also the Render Options > Materials > Search Path in Studio, which you could try -- but where this is one path, in the plugin, I read all the referenced MXS files, and the file references in them, and add search paths for them all. This information is written into the MXS file by the plugin, so it should travel along, but I don't personally know how it is handled in Studio; perhaps it is lost, being replaced by the one Materials > Search Path path.
Sketchup 2024 Released

Any idea of when the Maxwell Sketchup plugin will […]

Will there be a Maxwell Render 6 ?

Let's be realistic. What's left of NL is only milk[…]