By polynurb
as far as i can tell there is no way to suppress extensions at export.
in fact i think right now the only way to not render them is to delete them at object level.

it would really help if we could have a check box under "export" to enable/disable them globally.
also on object level this would be helpful (enable/disable), so that there is no more need to reassign.

another situation is assigning grass to several objects at once, which seems not possible atm.
not that urgent, but eventually there can be many single grass patches which can't be joined together, so this would speed things up if it was possible.

thanks!

daniel
By JDHill
I will be adding these:
  • 1. A global enable/disable switch in Scene Manager > Output.
    2. An enable/disable switch in the Extension Editor window.
    3. Assign to Selected/Select Assigned commands in the grass context menu.
By AlexP
I think easier way to hide grass is to place objects with it on separate layer and hide layer, it's faster then digging in scene manager...
By polynurb
that surely is an option, but it would mean that one needs to manage duplicates of geometry.

eg. i want to preview a non-grass related object sitting on a plane with grass, but i don't want to spend time on waiting for extension-placement just to preview the non-grass object but i still need the ground plane.
By AlexP
Eventually I ended using duplicated geometry, cos I use realscale texture for grass background (ground) and below that mapped for e.g. density on second plane with grass. That's because using multi channel mapping in rhino is somewhat problematic for me - easier is to copy then to map.
Sketchup 2024 Released

I would like to add my voice to this annual reques[…]