By AlexP
Hi Jeremy,

Would it be possible to introduce option for objects and blocks (eg. in properties>maxwell tab) to disable mesh check? It would be very, very useful for very large linked blocks to speed up export process. I've got some car models, trees etc (mesh only), that inserted together into a scene can make export times about 10-20 minutes and make pc totally unusable due to ram usage.
Maybe such an option is possible regardless of mxs link (hope it will come soon) to speed up workflow.

Best regs.
Alex
By JDHill
I'm not sure what you mean by disabling mesh check here -- there are various validity checks which occur as a part of exporting, but nothing that is optional, and nothing which should take very much time. Basically, the checks consist of asking Rhino if the mesh is valid, and then checking that it has the correct numbers of mesh faces, tris, vertices, normals, and uv coordinates for use in Maxwell. I undersand the request regarding mxs references, but on the topic of inserted blocks, unless you are only inserting each block once, turning on instances (Output > Export > Instances) should help greatly, so make sure that is enabled.
By AlexP
Instances are enabled of course, without it I wouldn't be able to insert greenery.
Large meshes can take very long to export, those above about 100k polys. If more large meshes are inside scene time to export is even longer then when to sum single mesh export time. And to speedup mesh export I had to divide 1M poly trees into about 100k parts, so maybe rhino has problems with large meshes and possibility to disable all checks will make great difference in export speed?
By JDHill
No, it really would not make any noticeable difference, and even were that not the case, I can't forgo the checks without risking crashes during export and/or rendering. So it is simply not an option. It is not validity checks that take time, but rather the transfer of mesh data from Rhino's format into Maxwell's.
Sketchup 2024 Released

I would like to add my voice to this annual reques[…]