By arch3d
Hi all,
i use a lot of instances in my scenes and i have some problem with Maxwell. If i change default model name some of the objects are not instancing (same with ICE). I pay attention to use different names, but instances not always work:(

Ty

If i use name eg. "Office_Door01" - everything is ok. "Office_Door_01" instances missing :(
By arch3d
Mihai wrote:So you mean they disappear from the viewport, or just from the render? In FIRE, in standalone renderer?
Both. Will be easier if ill send You some example.
By Mihnea Balta
Just to make sure I understand correctly: does the problem appear in the render too? For example, you have a scene which renders OK, then you rename an object, then you do render -> current frame again, and the instances are gone?

Or does it happen only in FIRE? The problem in FIRE is known and will be fixed in a future build, but if it also happens in the main render, it's a new bug which we need to investigate.
By arch3d
Mihnea Balta wrote:Just to make sure I understand correctly: does the problem appear in the render too? For example, you have a scene which renders OK, then you rename an object, then you do render -> current frame again, and the instances are gone?

Or does it happen only in FIRE? The problem in FIRE is known and will be fixed in a future build, but if it also happens in the main render, it's a new bug which we need to investigate.

Let me explain you. I use instances or ICE doesn't matter. I see objects in viewports, also if i render using MR. If I turn on Fire or Maxewell i have no 3d instances. I was trying find out what's the problem and I noticed if i change name of a master model everything is ok. Ill post some screens.

Magic :)

Mihai i dont have you e-mail:(
Last edited by arch3d on Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:27 pm, edited 3 times in total.
By raduc
I couldn't find a way to replicate this bug, even with the scene you sent us.
There is one thing that could explain this behavior and that is that you can somehow have two objects in the scene with the same name, I tried setting a material with the same name as the main model and that didn't cause the bug, so is there any chance that you had something else in the scene called "Office_Door_02" that didn't get sent with the scn file ?
Also, what version of XSI / OS are you using?
Sketchup 2024 Released

Any idea of when the Maxwell Sketchup plugin will […]

Will there be a Maxwell Render 6 ?

Let's be realistic. What's left of NL is only milk[…]