By theakita@gmail.com
One of the most powerful features of ICE is the ability to simultaneously instance geometry and propagate per-particle ICE attributes to the instanced object's materials. For example using this feature I could have one piece of a box geometry but use ICE color attributes to build a color-cube with one material.

It would be fantastic to have support for ICE color attributes as inputs to the Maxwell shaders.
By Mihnea Balta
I'm afraid this isn't possible with Maxwell 2.7. It would require support for procedural textures in the engine, which is planned, but I don't know when it will become available. The alternative would be to bake the attributes into textures, but you will end up with one texture and one material for each particle, which isn't really feasible.
By theakita@gmail.com
Thanks, Minhea. I hope if/when procedurals are implemented there is a shader API of sorts so that people can write their own.

best,

-T
Mihnea Balta wrote:I'm afraid this isn't possible with Maxwell 2.7. It would require support for procedural textures in the engine, which is planned, but I don't know when it will become available.
Will there be a Maxwell Render 6 ?

Let's be realistic. What's left of NL is only milk[…]