By LivVis
If I want to combine a Sea Object with a boolean cut out, it simply doesn't work.

To describe my problem a bit further with a real world example: I'm putting a wooden boat on a Sea object and my boat gets flooded…

Is this a missing function or am I doing something wrong?
By JDHill
Indeed, that is not supported; the sea surface is created by RealFlow code at render-time; it does not exist in the Cinema model, and so does not interact with Cinema objects. It is possible to cut out parts of it using Maxwell's boolean feature (in the Maxwell > Object Properties tag), but that supports only box, sphere, and plane cuts. It is also possible to cut out parts of it by using layer masks in its material.
By mashium123
JDHill wrote:Indeed, that is not supported; the sea surface is created by RealFlow code at render-time; it does not exist in the Cinema model, and so does not interact with Cinema objects. It is possible to cut out parts of it using Maxwell's boolean feature (in the Maxwell > Object Properties tag), but that supports only box, sphere, and plane cuts. It is also possible to cut out parts of it by using layer masks in its material.
speaking of booleans (sorry for hijacking the thread):
is it possible possible to implent the defnition of custom geometry as a maxwellian boole-object, in addition to box, sphere, plain? would be a great feature.
By JDHill
It should be possible, though I imagine not exactly trivial. I would assume the possibility must have occurred to whoever wrote the current functionality, and that it would be more or less a matter of time & priority (it being one thing to ignore points if they lie within a given region, and quite another to intersect the triangles of one mesh with those of all the others, cutting & stitching surfaces where they overlap), for it to be extended to handle arbitrary mesh-based booleans. In any case, this would be something for the engine, and not individual plugins.
Sketchup 2024 Released

Any idea of when the Maxwell Sketchup plugin will […]

Will there be a Maxwell Render 6 ?

Let's be realistic. What's left of NL is only milk[…]