By JDHill
Looks like you will need to use Make Editable for it to work. You can see the same problem occurs (it produces a weird mesh, apparently the same as you are seeing in Maxwell) if you use Current State to Object.
By jc4d
JDHill wrote:Looks like you will need to use Make Editable for it to work
Yes, but as a workaround, right?
If there is a way to fix would be great, I think it has to do with C4D Spline-Wrap, some other render engines read it fine and some others doesn´t.
JDHill wrote:You can see the same problem occurs (it produces a weird mesh, apparently the same as you are seeing in Maxwell) if you use Current State to Object.
:shock:

Cheers,
Juan
By JDHill
A workaround, yes, but this is not something that can be corrected by the Maxwell plugin. The way it works is, a plugin like Maxwell requests Cinema to provide a renderable version of the model; in order to do so, Cinema goes through and requests each object to produce its polygons (or whatever it produces). It would appear, here, that this particular plugin is not responding to that type of request quite properly.
By JDHill
There are a few different approaches. The Maxwell plugin makes use of what is called the "Hierarchy" class in the Cinema SDK, passing Cinema a flag indicating that the operation is being requested for an "external renderer".
By JDHill
I assume that would be the case. My guess is that if it were made to work properly with CSTO, it would then also work properly with Maxwell.
Will there be a Maxwell Render 6 ?

Let's be realistic. What's left of NL is only milk[…]