By itifonhom
Hi there guys!
Long time no see, I was using Maxwell quite some time now with no problems at all but this time I needed to use a small simulation in my render and it won´t work! I´m sure I´m doing something wrong but have no clue what. So, this is the situation:

I set up in Cinema4D an Emitter with a Cloner as a child and as a child of the Cloner an object. The simulation is about empty shell cases eject out of an aircraft, into the wind. Therefore , I also use a Wind object, in order to throw the shell cases back. So I run the simulation, all looks fine in Cinema4D, only when I hit Render (I just need a still, not an animation) the simulation is gone, I just get some empty shell cases rendered, straight down and not constant, meaning there´s a big gap between the first shell and the emitter. Funny thing is, it looked like it renders correctly in FIRE, until I sent it to render in Studio, after that I couldn´t get to work in FIRE either.

So, anybody has an idea what I´m doing wrong here? The reason I need the simulation is because I want to get the correct motion blur on the shells as they gain distance from the aircraft, otherwise I could freeze the transformation and add them as objects in the scene. Any help is welcomed and appreciated!!!

Many thanks in advance!!
By JDHill
Please try enabling Scene Object > Output > Motion Blur & Animation > Pre-roll Timeline and let me know if it helps. Otherwise, please zip and send a copy of the scene (hopefully reduced in size as much as possible while still exhibiting the behavior) to me at jeremy at nextlimit dotcom.
Sketchup 2024 Released

Any idea of when the Maxwell Sketchup plugin will […]

Will there be a Maxwell Render 6 ?

Let's be realistic. What's left of NL is only milk[…]