By Rafal SLEK
I am before some models purchase from http://renderpeople.com/. They have only few formats ready - Maxwell Render is not there.
I need to use this models as MXS References put in ArchiCAD so at least models in c4d will be good for this.
C4D models are prepared for Vray so they shows errors and nothing renders in Maxwell. I ask for MR or C4D models and they prepare one
(free 3d model of Rosy) specially for me, only with multilayered materials for cinema.
The problem is that model renders in Maxwell for C4D smoothly but with some unexpected dots (spots/artifacts or "something").
I am not so familiar with C4D as with Maxwell complex materials so I'll be very grateful for help to localise the problem.

Cinema4D model preview - nothing strange here:

Render made via ArchiCAD (mxs reference put there) white dots visible:

Render in Maxwell from c4d:

Free sample model here (without vray settings):
https://www.dropbox.com/s/go9sujgfrmh93 ... l.zip?dl=0
By JDHill
The pattern appears to be due to a black & white TGA that gets generated and assigned to reflectance in a (Maxwell material) layer created for the "Default Reflection" channel of the Cinema material. The TGA file (it will be found in the /textures folder next to your Cinema file) looks pretty odd. Depending what her dress is supposed to be made of, I would either disable that channel, or reduce its percentage of contribution.

I would also convert the white "Studi_MAT" material and reduce its white levels to the 230 RGB range -- doing that here, I see benchmark in Maxwell go from 7 to 87.
By Rafal SLEK
Wow, thanks a lot! Yes, the reflectance channel is the problem. When disabled all works without errors.
Studi_MAT is prepared for rendering scenography so it is useless for me, when deleting this meshes benchmark goes to 2300 :-)
By Rafal SLEK
...and one small question to very experienced person - how you rate the quality of the model? Maybe I have to do something more to improve this model in cinema?
I'll use it in architectural renderings so for me it looks good enough to spend some euros... :-)

By JDHill
I have little experience using people in renderings, so about all I can say is, take the model, convert the materials, and then tweak them as necessary -- as with that white material, try to watch the max RGB values, whether it requires reducing RGB values when a color is used, or using RGB max. in the texture picker, when using a texture. Regarding that strange TGA, I notice that the Cinema material > Reflectance > Default Reflection > Layer Color map is based on a file (in the tex folder): RP_Wom_Rosy_0095_spec01_skin.jpg. You can get rid of that map in Layer Color, and then use this .jpg to mask the reflection and specular layers, in the converted Maxwell material, in order to let the skin areas have some reflectivity, while still avoiding turning the dress into plastic. If you want to do something special with just the dress material, there is also a complementary mask .jpg for those regions.
By Rafal SLEK
Thx once more for all informations.
Will there be a Maxwell Render 6 ?

Let's be realistic. What's left of NL is only milk[…]