By jc4d
Hi all,

I´m unable to render any scene when Render instance is used on SurfaceSpread if the object to be duplicated is polygonal, if the object is parametric it render perfect.

Please help, I have around 28 houses that uses SurfaceSpread and now I can´t render any of them. :(

Steps:
1- Render the scene as it is (render ok) you can use FIRE
2- Stop render
3- Make the cube editable and re render the scene, C4D hangs

Where I can send a test scene?

Cheers,
Juan
By JDHill
A few questions:
  1. Which versions of things (Cinema, Maxwell plugin, SurfaceSpread) are you using?
  2. When you say it hangs, what is happening with the Cinema process? Is it using CPU?
  3. The steps you give imply that you are able to reproduce this with a simple test (a cube on a surface), is that true?
  4. How many instances are we talking about?
Version 3.1.2 is the most recent plugin version available on the Early Builds page (just scroll down and click the Cinema icon), but I don't think there are any changes that would affect this. I'm not able to reproduce it here, but I only have a version of SurfaceSpread for R12, and I can't be sure my test is the same as yours. If the test file is not too large for email, you can send it to jeremy at nextlimit dotcom, otherwise you can upload it to dropbox or similar and send a link.
By jc4d
Sorry for the lack of details
JDHill wrote:Which versions of things (Cinema, Maxwell plugin, SurfaceSpread) are you using?
I´m on Win64, R16.038, MR 3.1.1.0 x64, Maxwell for C4D 3.1.2, SurfaceSpread 1.0.34 (from http://www.laubwerk.com/home/surfacespr ... ts-update/)
JDHill wrote:When you say it hangs, what is happening with the Cinema process? Is it using CPU?
It keeps using cpu, around 25, when I press FIRE or trying to export the scene, I get the windows loading wheel and I can´t click anywhere in C4D, so I need to kill the process.
JDHill wrote:The steps you give imply that you are able to reproduce this with a simple test (a cube on a surface), is that true?
Yes, just a cube and a plane
JDHill wrote:How many instances are we talking about?
Even with 2 instances only.

I will send you the file to your email since is a very basic cube and a plane.
Sketchup 2024 Released

Any idea of when the Maxwell Sketchup plugin will […]

Will there be a Maxwell Render 6 ?

Let's be realistic. What's left of NL is only milk[…]