By eric nixon
Hi, JD

http://www.mediafire.com/download/gm5bw ... adache.zip

I think this might be a bug, I've tried hard to make it work but I cant..

The material uses two channels, channel 1 is only used for positioning the graffiti, but other maps on channel 0 seem to be using channel 1 within the poly selection.

The original material is from maxwell 1.5, I just updated it, adding the graffiti. If you open the file you can see that the white lettering behind the graffiti doesn't align across the poly selection.

I've worked around the problem now, by just using channel 0 for everything. I know the material is a bit messy, and you may not want to debug this one (it is a headcahe) but it does look like a bug...

One more minor bug, Is that the plugin doesn't recognize when camera targets are disabled, and it would be nice if disabling the target pitch worked too...

b.t.w I'm still using the 3.0.995 plugin (XP compatible)... its generally really good - I've been doing some very complex setups with it. Loving it actually...

...heres one from yesterday;
By eric nixon
couple more issues;

No decimal precision available in material editor for global bump, (Can only enter whole numbers.)

And also (your probably already aware) that material editor preview tends to auto-update preview random materials, until you manually change the preview scene and refresh it.

thnx.
By JDHill
Thanks Eric, I've been preoccupied with something else the past few days, but I'll try to take a look at this today.
By eric nixon
Still a wip, but wanted to show the progress, sl16 25mins, 5 million poly's :D ;

By eric nixon
Hullo again, I am having some more problems with channels and selections sets. The behaviour as far as I can tell, is that when the channels are applied into selection sets it only works reliably for the first 3 channels. I can send an example if you need it.

I say reliably because many times I have used more than 3 channels per selection, but they could easily be bugged without me noticing, but in some situations, like large decals, its clearly broken. It works fine with 3, but when I add the fourth, the third channel becomes mapped into the coords of the fourth.

Here's a gratuitous test render of what I'm working on, (no bugs here, its post workaround) The artist who painted the cars is Cheryl kelley, a Texan, maybe you know her, its a small world.... Got to say once more that the workflow with your material editor is really logical and efficient, I've gone through about 10 versions decorating this trailer in a few hours. Thanks :D

The other artist who painted the robot and the toy car, is Don Jacot.
the render does not start

Also open the Console and read through it to see i[…]

Sketchup 2024 Released

I would like to add my voice to this annual reques[…]