I am not very familiar with C4D-MR workflow so excuse if question is so simple but I can't find automatic solution for now.
I've downloaded a sample model from collection which I probably buy - http://www.viz-people.com/shop/3d-seating-furniture/.
Chair with proper material definitions is prepared for C4D. Preview is different than Render but it works ok - wood is wood, leather is leather.
But when I use Fire or render in Maxwell materials definition are different.
  • Convert Cinema Materials
command doesn't solve this problem.
Thanks for help in advance.
c4d render:

mr fire:
Allowing the plugin to automatically generate Maxwell materials from Cinema ones will not always yield a desirable result, and I assume that is the case here. By using the Convert Cinema Materials command, you can generate Maxwell materials from the assigned Cinema ones, in order to then modify them to render as desired. If this information does not help, or if you feel that there is some bug (as opposed to a limitation in automatic material translation), then please upload the model so I can take a look.
It is a free sample: http://www.samples.viz-people.com/sampl ... amples.zip
I'll be grateful if you could take a look. This collection contains ~80 models so I need rather automatic solution
rather than manual assigning materials.
Last edited by Rafal SLEK on Fri Feb 13, 2015 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There's not much to be done about this, the material in question has the Color channel enabled, and when we ask it to render a bitmap for Maxwell to use, it creates one that looks like what you see in the Cinema viewport, and in Maxwell. You will find this bitmap assigned to Reflectance 0 in the Layer > Base BSDF, if you use the Convert Cinema Materials command, or if you export the model to Studio and look at the materials there.
Do you achieve same results in Maxwell Render as in C4D Physical Render?
My material after conversion use two bitmaps (vm_v1_016_leather_color_0000.tga/vm_v1_016_leather_normal.jpg) and show stripes (probable scale).
Material for c4d use two bitmaps (vm_v1_001_leather_blend.jpg/vm_v1_016_leather_normal.jpg) and some gradient and is different in viewport (stripes) and render (looks ok, like leather).
Doesn't matter if I choose replacing texture tags or assign material manually
there are completely different effect than in C4d rendering.

Rafal SLEK wrote:Do you achieve same results in Maxwell Render as in C4D Physical Render?
No, I said I get similar results between Maxwell and the Cinema viewport, not the Cinema renderer. The point is: the bitmap in your last screenshot, vm_v1_016_leather_color_0000.tga, is rendered by the the shader for the Cinema Color channel -- we ask the Cinema shader to render a bitmap, and that's what we get. In the Cinema material > Color channel > Texture > Layer properties, there is a bitmap layer, and a Fresnel layer, which appears to be the reason for appearance of the gradient; if you turn this off, the gradient will no longer appear in the rendered bitmap.
OK. Thanks for help.
When switching off gradient - material is completely different than in c4d rendering.
My standard workflow is ArchiCAD-MaxwellRender so my idea was using this objects as mxs references. If there is no simple convertion
to maxwell materials in c4d it is too much work to me to assign every material manually.
regards
Rafal
the render does not start

I tried hiding many of the objects in the scene wh[…]

Sketchup 2024 Released

I would like to add my voice to this annual reques[…]