By mashium123
hi,

playing a bit with the most recent betas, but I guess this question would concern prior versions, too:
is it possible to make the material editor in c4d the same as the one in studio/the standalone one?
what i mean specifically is the material types and their respective presets, both reachable via drop-down menus.

the standalone one gives us following types in following order:
custom, referenced, ags, opaque, transparent, metal, translucent, car paint, hair.
the c4d-one on the other hand gives us following types in following order:
custom, ags, opaque, transparent, translucent, metal, car paint.

while the missing "referenced" is reachable with the option "link to:", the type "hair" misses completely.
and of course there is the differing order of the types.

the next thing to mention is the presets that are provided.
some types don't provide any presets at all ("opaque", "translucent", "car paint"), some types provide the same presets in the right order and some provide presets that are not complete (e.g.: high grade glass is missing in the tranparent types. the metal types and presets are differing at more than one point...)

i guess, what i'm aming at is: it would be very helpful to have the c4d-material editor as much matching the studio/standalone-versions, as it is possible.

thx.
By JDHill
I understand, but to be frank, it is quite difficult to implement these things using Cinema's UI framework. In Studio/MXED, everything provided by an extension (i.e. by an .mxx file found in the Maxwell 3/extensions folder) is loaded, and has UI built, automatically, based on the .xui files, and the .xpr files found in the extensions/presets folder. The plugin currently has no way of parsing these files, nor of dynamically building UI from them if it could, so it can be very likely for things in the UI to come out of sync.

I will put it on my list to take a look and try to get things matching up again.
the render does not start

I tried hiding many of the objects in the scene wh[…]

Sketchup 2024 Released

I would like to add my voice to this annual reques[…]