By eric nixon
After adding the plug, c4d complains thus;

'The procedure entry point NormalizeString could not be located in the dynamic link library Kernel32.dll'

I'm using xp... ?

Testing 3.0.5 with your help is rendering instantly now, the problem of cell size was due to the huge SCALE in my test scene settings that I was unaware of.
By JDHill
Yes, that's a Vista+ function that I need to use in order to address the issues with non-english characters mentioned in the other thread. Officially, XP is no longer supported, but I have to make another build with some changes to the bundled extension libraries, so I'll see if I can work around this, since I think it's the only thing I'm using that's not supported on XP.

However, I highly recommend you look into upgrading your OS, since as I say, XP is no longer officially supported by this plugin.
By eric nixon
Thanks that sounds great.

I cant upgrade for at least a year more. As an aside I do believe that XP is the most robust stable and COMPATIBLE OS that has ever existed. Many businesses and governments also refuse to downgrade... some governments (russia + china) are building their own OS's but they have several reasons to do that.

Just read this thread lol.. (one thread among hundreds about this issue);

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/For ... adesktopui

Even after win 8.1 there is still no solution to get back 'flat' thumbnails,... hundreds of threads, becoming 10's of thousands of posters complaining about this issue since vista, and no response from MS. Why do MS hate thumbnails? I have many thousands of texture maps on my HD and I need to find them :(
By JDHill
I would mainly take issue with your claim of XP being the most robust & stable; when I ran it, it needed to be rebooted every week or so, due to memory becoming irretrievably fragmented; using Vista and up, my machines run for months at a time, only really needing to be restarted due to software being installed. XP was also much flakier in terms of managing threads.

Of course I can only speak for my own experience, but that said, I have run XP, Vista, 7, and 8, full time for multiple years each, and would not have returned to a previous version from the current one, at any point.
the render does not start

I tried hiding many of the objects in the scene wh[…]

Sketchup 2024 Released

I would like to add my voice to this annual reques[…]