By deppest
I am having difficulties with procedurals in C4D (R15), OSX 10.8.5: When I create a maxwell material in C4d and then in MXED modify it to a procedural, the material preview works fine. I then close MXED and it asks me to save the material so I save it. The material preview in C4d still looks fine (i.e. with the procedural on) but in FIRE no procedurals show up in the test render. I also notice that when i go back into MXED and hit "update" I get the message "data preprocess failed. render cannot continue". Also, the texture icon (reflectance 0) is not orange as it was before when I created the procedural material but is greyed out. One workaround I found it is to save the material from within MXED to a known location and then to "link" the material to this file from within c4d. This seems to work fine. Is there another, more straightforward way to solve this though?
By JDHill
Linking to an MXM is currently the only way of using Maxwell procedurals from within the plugin.
By bjorn.syse
Hi

Is there any way of previewing the linked-in material's procedural texture in the cinema viewport?

Having a hard time mapping things in the right scale,..

- Björn
By JDHill
Sorry, but there's not currently any way to do that, the plugin needs the MXM's active texture to point to a bitmap file it can read, and show in the Cinema viewport.
By bjorn.syse
I see, perhaps I will render them out to disk instead to get the preview and then do the rest of the texture scaling adjustments from within Cinema's texture coordinates. That would give me realtime viewport feedback i think?
By eric nixon
Might be worth mentioning that procedurals themselves are all buggy at the moment (the patterns repeat horribly) so not much point in using them yet...

Look forward to using them one day...
the render does not start

Also open the Console and read through it to see i[…]

Sketchup 2024 Released

I would like to add my voice to this annual reques[…]