Hi

I will render my RF simulation in Maxwell. I imported the SD file from Rf 2012 to C4D R14. If i use the internal C4D renderer everything is fine, but if i use Maxwell, the imported geometry / Animation is not available ?!?! Please , see the attached simple screenshot . Any advice ?

Best,
Tom
I see that there is an error in Fire, could you please click the red "X" button in the lower-right corner of the Maxwell Fire window and see what it says? Also, please let me know which Maxwell and RF plugin versions you are using. The Maxwell plugin version is written in the Cinema console at startup.
By pressing the red x-button in FIRE i got the following message:

Im using the latest and newest plugin version of RF plugins.
Thanks, those messages come from the extension, and I do not know what they mean, so I'll have to ask someone who does. In the meantime, you may want to try exporting differently from RF, or using different parameter values in the RF plugin objects.
ChristianZ wrote:Thanks for reporting that problem and bringing it to the attention of the maxwell people. I think the problem is on the maxwell side anyway, since the objects are rendered with any other external engine, including Vray as I have checked just before.

And by the way, the same SD-files/objects can be rendered in Maya2013/Maxwell without problems.
Perhaps it helps you, i ask the question also in the independent RF forum, ChristianZ commented it like above ...

EDIT: I forget, perhaps its helpful too ... some part of the animation of my simple example scene in RF was key animated and some animation was generated by RF directly , interacting of the objetcs in real wave, perhaps that explains the error message about "vertex animation " , don´t know ....
Could you please provide the Cinema model, the SD files, and also the RF scene, so I can diagnose the problem here? Also, I'll mention, it is not always valid to compare what happens in Cinema with what happens elsewhere. That is true in this case -- ChristianZ mentions rendering with vray, and this implies that he is not using the rwmeshes extension, which is what is used to render SD Animation objects in the Cinema plugin. Theoretically, you should be able to produce the same error messages by creating and rendering an RWMeshes object directly in Studio.
Thanx, no problem, i will send you my example scene via PM ( dropbox link) .
the render does not start

I tried hiding many of the objects in the scene wh[…]

Sketchup 2024 Released

I would like to add my voice to this annual reques[…]