By jc4d
Hi all,

If is possible to have the density driven by selection tag or vertex map? I know that we can control it via texture but to give a little tighter integration with C4D this would be great so we don´t need to jump back and forth to redo the density map. Of course I don´t know if the grass engine can allow this.

Cheers
JC
By JDHill
Things like density in the grass extension work only by means of bitmaps. If you want more control, you could use hair, with one of the grass primitives, but then, you would not get the benefit of Maxwell's specialized grass-generation algorithms.
By jc4d
Thanks, I see. Maybe in a future the grass engine can use vertex map or selection tags.

Now this is a really stupid question but in order to use maxwell hair I need the "hair module" for cinema? I ask because I use Prime flavor so no hair here.

Cheers
JC
By JDHill
Yeah, sorry, using hair means you've created a Hair object in Cinema, and put a plugin Maxwell Hair tag on it, so that the plugin will export the vertexes of the hair using the MaxwellHair (or MaxwellGrass, if you specify the Flat or Curved primitives) extension.
the render does not start

Also open the Console and read through it to see i[…]

Sketchup 2024 Released

I would like to add my voice to this annual reques[…]