By Kevron
Hi,
I have a scene textured with maxwell materials and lit with maxwell lights.
Cinema can bake out the enviroment with a preset found under: Prime - Light Setups - Bake Enviroment
But this would work if the scene was with "Cinema materials" and "Cinema lights"

How could I bake out the enviroment to a latlong without the need of switching all the materials to Cinema 4d?

I know about the "export enviroment as HDR", but I would like to export all the objects in the scene as a baked enviroment.

Is there a nice and easy way?

Regards,
Tor M
None that I know of at the current time. I am adding an "Ignore Cinema Materials" option in the future, though, which should allow you to do things like this without physically changing the materials.
A workaround would be to set up some cameras, render the scene with Maxwell materials. Take the rendered images and project it with "projection-man". Bake the texture, and reimport it as a texture into a maxwell material.

I think that should do it.
I think the best way would be to put a perfect chrome ball in the centre and render 1 view looking down, then covert in hdrshop with polar>latlong... or maybe a 180 fisheye camera looking up with a square format.
the render does not start

I tried hiding many of the objects in the scene wh[…]

Sketchup 2024 Released

I would like to add my voice to this annual reques[…]