By ran
Hi JD.

Below is the link to the image of my fist Cinema4D and maxwell render at SL13 & 4% complete. I'm having trouble with the grass which does not seem to resemble maxwell grass. I used the Maxwell generic grass material and a grass tag with the Maxwell generic grass parameters for houses. I tried changing some of the parameters slightly but still got the same result. I have tried grass at 100% max 1000000 and 20000. Any suggestions would be appreciated or recommended improvements to the render.

Thank you
Ran

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zqf4ieq0zcmq5 ... an.png.zip
By JDHill
I don't see any grass being rendered in that picture; am I correct to assume it is supposed to be on the green plane in the center of the scene? Regardless, again here, I would recommend trying it in a simple scene (just a single plane) first, to get the feel for it. There might be grass growing on your plane, but without knowing the export scale, and the normal direction of the plane, and the grass settings, it is really not possible to say. So I'd try getting it to work in a test, and then compare that with how your real scene is set up.
By JDHill
It will work fine if you set the grass Cut Off value to something greater than 0%:

Apparently the generation of vectors for viewport display does not factor for this parameter, so I can see why you might get confused.
By ran
Hi JD.
I'm having issues again with maxwell grass in cinema 4d. The grass is upside down on. It is on the underside of the mesh. Do you know how to rectify this problem?
the render does not start

Also open the Console and read through it to see i[…]

Sketchup 2024 Released

I would like to add my voice to this annual reques[…]