This is one of those annoying file format situations. I took a client's awful sketchup model, imported it into C4D and textured/rendered with Maxwell, but now the project's complete and it's time to hand over the assets.

I know I can export to MXS but are there any 3D formats that I can export from C4D that will retain Maxwell materials? I know OBJ and other formats support material embedding, but isn't this different since Maxwell it's not using standard C4D materials?

Thanks in advance.
Sorry, but this isn't possible, generally speaking. In most cases (meaning, applications supporting plugins), data is private to a given plugin, such that to export to a foreign format, assuming that format provides for anonymous foreign data, it would need to be the plugin in question which performed the export. OBJ is a plain text format, so in theory, one could write an OBJ which included information describing an MXM structure, or at least the path to an MXM file; the problem there is: what would the consuming application do with that data? Assuming it did not reject this non-standard OBJ as invalid, that is. The same goes for any other format: both the writer and the reader of the file need to have agreed upon what it data it may contain, and what that data means.
the render does not start

I tried hiding many of the objects in the scene wh[…]

Sketchup 2024 Released

I would like to add my voice to this annual reques[…]