Hi
Due to the fact, that Maxwell and C4D switched the z and x axis its a bit difficult to generate the RGB-Maps for the Initial-Angle Map. Is there a way that the plugin could handle it correctly ?

In addition a small improvement would be to have a refresh-button for the maps in the plugin , like in studio, that would be fine ...

Best and happy new year,
Tom 8)
I see what you mean on the initial angle map, but I don't have any control over how maps are interpreted by the extension. So I'll mention it to the developers who handle that. On the refresh button, it should not be necessary, since for a few versions, the plugin has been storing the last-write time for the file, and re-reading it if it has changed. You should see that working with no special action necessary on your part in the plugin's texture editor, but for Cinema's viewport, we need to have Cinema ask us to refresh the viewport map, and you can do this by selecting the texture again in the "Active Texture" drop-down.
JDHill wrote: You should see that working with no special action necessary on your part in the plugin's texture editor, but for Cinema's viewport, we need to have Cinema ask us to refresh the viewport map, and you can do this by selecting the texture again in the "Active Texture" drop-down.
Thank you JD.
Concerning the "refresh-button" ... I missed the button a bit, by working with the Grass-Tag. By changing the maps in the grass-tag it would be nice to have a refresh of the small little previews. I mean when you hit the small triangle beside the map-button. The preview don´t changed , when i change the map. But its not a big thing, just a bit more comfortable.

I´ve an additional question ... Its possible to paint the grass on the surface of an object as i can do with hair in cinema ? Or is the the only possibility to use a density map ?
Ah, I see what you mean -- those little previews are Cinema's business, but I'll see if there's a way to force it to refresh them. On your second question, no, it's not possible, hair is always generated dynamically by the system, and is only controlled over UV space by the density map. If you want full control, you can use Cinema hair, but render it using the one of grass primitives.
JDHill wrote:.... hair is always generated dynamically by the system, and is only controlled over UV space by the density map.... .
You mean grass, right ?
JDHill wrote:Yes, sorry, grass.

Happy new year JD and thank you for all your fast support and work in this year ...i´m going to the party now... 8)
the render does not start

I tried hiding many of the objects in the scene wh[…]

Sketchup 2024 Released

I would like to add my voice to this annual reques[…]