By Primus
Hi

I´m not able to use the displacement maps generated by R14 / Sculpting. I sculp an object in C4D. Finally i bake the texture in single files ( displacement map, normal map ). In C4D everything is fine.

If i send the scene with the sulpted object with the displacement maps in the C4D material direktly to FIRE or the renderer , everything looks fine in Maxwell.

If i setup a maxwell material manualy ( with the vector displacement file produced by C4D) the result is totaly crazy. I´m not sure , there are many options in the maxwell material to setup vector displacement maps and i´m not familiar with all that stuff.

Does someone have a recommendation for a good workflow to use sculpted objects in MW ? Should i setup the material manualy ( with all the rough described problems) or better let it be done by the plugin ?

Best,
Tom
By JDHill
It works with the auto-conversion because in that case, vector displacement is not used (you can see what is generated by using the Convert Cinema Materials command in the plugin). Maxwell's support for vector displacement is discussed here; I am not an expert its use though, so you will get better results by asking this question in the main forum.
the render does not start

I tried hiding many of the objects in the scene wh[…]

Sketchup 2024 Released

I would like to add my voice to this annual reques[…]