By Primus
Hi

Can i setup FIRE in C4D to use a determined, special camera in the scene ? I want use the editor camera to setup the objects in the viewport , but FIRE should use a other camera.
Possible ?

Best,
Thomas
By mashium123
click the "R" on the upper right corner of the fire-window and fire will switch it's rendering from "camera selected as render view" to the active viewport.
By Primus
Thanx, but that doesn´t solve it.

FIRE should use my main camera for the preview AND in the editor viewport i want use the editor camera. R/A -Button doesn´t solve it.

?!

Best,
Tom
By JDHill
I'm not sure what you're asking for, Fire can use either:
  • "A" mode: the active viewport camera
    "R" mode: the active render camera
From what you say, what you want seems already to be possible, but you say it isn't. So please describe more precisely what you would like to be able to do. Specifically:
FIRE should use my main camera for the preview...
It will do this in "R" mode.
...AND in the editor viewport i want use the editor camera.
Use your editor camera for what, exactly? Use it for rendering in Fire? Or, use it in Cinema, without disturbing whatever is rendering in Fire? Both of those are possible using "R" or "A" mode, so hopefully you see why I don't understand the question.
By hatts
I know what Primus is talking about. When you only have one viewport, the switch between R and A will do nothing.

For the R and A to have any effect, you must have at least two viewports; one set to your render camera, and one NOT set to your render camera. Use the latter for any scene editing.
By Primus
Thank you both , hatts and Jason.

Its like hatts told, that was my misunderstanding or question. I figured it just out , how its working. Sorry, for my maybe stupid question.

For me , it would be more logical to have a setting in the plugin, that tells the FIRE window, use camera_A, or camera_B or ... regardless what i´m doing in the viewports or what camera is active in the cinema-viewpots...

Best,
Tom
By JDHill
Thanks guys, now I know what you're talking about. The difference between R/A modes when using a single viewport concerns values taken from render settings, e.g. resolution, pixel aspect, and such. This presents a problem were plugin cameras to be decoupled from Cinema's natural system: we need resolution, which can come either from the active viewport size, the render settings, or in the case of allowing you to render an arbitrary camera, new parameters added to the Scene Object or Camera tag (to support, say, a new camera link in Default Exposure or Fire Settings). I would not like to implement that third option, though, because a) it would further confuse an already complicated system, because b) by definition the values you set there would have no relation to anything in Cinema. To get what you want, what would be needed would be for (in Cinema) one camera to be used for the viewport, while another was set as the active render camera (maybe there's some way to do that, but I don't know it).
By Primus
2-viewport setting is also ok for me ... important is to understand the solution, thanx.
Jason, perhaps you could put the information in the manual ...
the render does not start

Also open the Console and read through it to see i[…]

Sketchup 2024 Released

I would like to add my voice to this annual reques[…]